The more I understand my needs as a writer and a human being, the more I’m moving away from most of the things that are considered necessary and proper for a self-publisher.
1. I’m not a brand, and I have no intention of turning myself into a brand.
2. I’m not on Facebook, barely use Twitter, and won’t join Google+.
3. I won’t choose a genre or modify my writing to fit a predetermined audience.
4. I will never sell my novels for $.99 except as short-term introductory offers for a limited audience.
5. I won’t change my blogging style to be warm, cuddly, and amusing.
6. I won’t do blog tours.
7. I won’t create book trailers.
Before anyone decides to mention that I’m shooting myself in the foot — I’m not writing to make a living.